Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Morning Report -- 2/1/11

JC/Obsidium Shuffle: 19,885
Inscription/Netherweave Bags/Rare Pets: 9,671
Enchanting/Alchemy: 1,901
LW/Vendor Items: -3,038

LW Level: 514

Start Total: 119,000
End Total: 108,000

I haven't been as consistant this week as I was last week...I didn't play at all two days, and missed posting for half the day on a few others.  So while my numbers are lower than I'd like, they're no lower than I expected.

The Obsidium Ore prices Horde side have been holding steady at 80g+ so I hopped over to my ally banker and took a look...and found a ton of cheap ore! =D  I bought 140 stacks at 51-53g and will be moving them to Horde this afternoon.  This bodes quite well for me, as I'm betting my competitors are running low on their stockpiles (maybe?) and it seems like I may be the only one who's had this idea so far.  I'm not sure how well that'll hold true, as I've noticed a lot of people jumping into shuffling but I'm taking advantage of it for now!  Unfortunately I've run out of money on this character now, so I'll have to send more glyphs over to make more.  And some Inferno Ink, I have almost 200 sitting in my gbank with only a few selling each week.  Hopefully if I send some to Ally I'll be able to sell more. =D

*Note:  Joy, APM works for restocking even if I set it up with the ally AH.  I had been afraid it wouldn't.*

I also bought a Dark Whelpling for 2k on ally side for myself.  I love collecting minipets and mounts, and the whelps are always at least 5k Horde side.  So while I could flip it...I'm probably not going to. =)

Speaking of minipets, I picked up four or five Horde Argent Tourny pets for only 900 each this week and tossed them in my gbank (part of why my Inscription sales are so low, I do my Horde side pet buying with that banker).

...I don't want to talk about LW.  I'd decided this week to get it maxed, so I bought all the leather in my buy range (150/stack) and went at it.  I was at the evil, evil level of 507-510 when I remembered why I had stopped leveling it in the first place:  I'm extremely unlucky.  Whether it's quest drops, mini pets, or apparently skill ups in a profession I have the worst luck ever.  I made over 5 Cloak of Beasts before supposing that the Green Helm might work better perhaps.  No such luck.  I made 10 helms.  No skill ups yet.  I made another 5 Cloaks and finally managed to get to 510, but was out of leather.  I came back to it later and bought the Feral PvP pattern to skill up with (and use one of for myself) but it was horrible.  I spent well over 4k trying to get those three points and then even more getting past that.  Worst of it is that it's still not maxed because the AH has had no more cheap leather.

So...yeah.  LW and I are not on speaking terms right now. =P  Perhaps if the PvP gear would sell, I could feel a bit better, but so far I got nothin'.  To make myself feel better I gathered up the mats for a nice tank/dps ring I've had my eye on.  I still need to grab the Chimera's eyes, but it's BiS pre-raiding, so it'll get put to good use in heroics and for guild stuff once I get back to raiding. =)

I picked up almost 200 Volatile Life as well for 7.25/each and will be sitting on those until the patch.  Hopefully I'll find more, but they've been up around 11/each for the past few weeks, so...

I dropped a bit over 25k early in the week for a pair of bikes for my partner and I (which we're both enjoying!) so I'm not terribly displeased with my total gold.  While I had hoped to get back to 120k before the end of the week, I spent quite a lot of gold doing LW and stocking up for the near and far future.

Alchemy is still not profitable for pretty much anything outside of my CD each day, so I'm just going to let it be for now, and check back in a few weeks.  I need the herbs for inscription anyway.  I might sell the Whiptail I farm though, since it goes for 150~ a stack and my buy price is 70g.

Inscription has been a roller coaster lately, but it's still a solid money maker, so I'll be staying in the market for a while I suspect.

Now go listen to this song: The Morning Report I think of it every week when I do these posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment