Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Barking Definitely Does Make a Difference

Just finished listening to the first episode of Auction House Junkies a few minutes ago while doing my daily prospecting.  First thing I wanna say is that if you haven't listened to it yet, go check it out -- it's enjoyable to listen to and quite informative.

Cold talked a lot about Mysterious Fortune Cards and the fact that they should be "barked" (which I had never even heard of before listening to the podcast today and doing some reading) instead of just posted on the AH.  I plan to try this out on my server, as right now there are very few people posting the cards and I have never seen anyone barking them.

Due to my lack of knowledge on how to advertise well a this time, I'll be leaning heavily on Cold's Mysterious Fortune Card Mega-Compilation post.  I'll have to see if barking ups my sales for these, I'll post about if it works well for me later.  As is, I've been posting them in vary stack sizes and they sell slowly, but for a decent profit.

They also point out something I've started to notice as well -- there appear to be a lot more buyers in Cata.  I've been posting my dusts, essences, and gems above the first few posters of such things, and finding they pretty much all of my stock is sold by the morning.  It's helped me pull in a fair amount more gold than I would have if I'd just blindly undercut. 

--

Oh wow.  I sent out one bark and sold 12 of the cards INSTANTLY.  Interesting...I'll have to be sure not to spam, but I'll bark every now and again to see if it continues to instantly bring in people.  

--

...Maybe I should add a "Please gamble responsibly." to the end of my barks.  One person just spent over 1000k on them only to get 22g back...I feel kinda bad. >_<

--

They are definitely selling MUCH faster with barking, I had to go and recraft to keep up with demand...and I'd posted a hundred to begin with!  Much better than the occasional sale I'd been getting before.  I'm only selling for double the mat cost right now (20g) but I'll probably up it tomorrow or the next day by a bit.  I've never had an issue with getting a ton of small sales rather than 1 big one, so I'm pretty happy with this addition to my income! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment