Monday, January 17, 2011

The Only Place I Farm

Farming is the bane of my existence 99% of the time.  Flying my shammy in constant circles looking for a node (only to find one and see a druid flying away) has never seemed like a good use of my time.  However, I have learned of a spot that doesn't make me feel like I'm going brain dead.



If your herbalist hasn't done the quests in Uldum, try going to the Cradle of the Ancients to pick up Whiptail.  Unfortunately it won't work if you've quested through the area, as after the riverbed isn't dried anymore the herbs don't spawn.  There's 3-4 nodes that respawn every 6/7 minutes or so that almost no one farms.  I've found that I can just hang out near my first spawn point and wait for them to pop back up while I tab out to read a blog, check my forums or email, or even write a blog post! (Which I'm totally not doing now... >_>)

7.5 Minutes was the longest I had to wait for a respawn, it was usually closer to 6.5


I just make sure I can see my minimap (I play windowed) and go about my business, going back to herbing when a node pops up on my minimap.  This nets me anywhere from 6-16 Whiptail (Plus Volatile Life) for about a minute of playing -- I usually get about 13 per pass of the area.  Works very well for if you need to write a paper or wanna read something else while still picking up some gold.

60/7.5 = 8 (About how many spawns per hour)
8x13 = 104 Whiptail
104x 8 (price per flower) = 832g/hour

So for me it's around 832g/hour.  Not fantastic, but pretty decent if you wanna add a bit of g while working on your other stuff.  Alternatively, you could do this while listing auctions, or while questing on a different character.  Post a bag full of stuff, log onto the herbalist to pick a round of herbs.  Finish a quest, log over.

It also works out quite well for me since my herbalist is also my alchemist. I don't have to move at all to do my Volatile Life transmute to Air each day, nor do I have to worry about not having enough Life if I do a few runs of this a day.

For me this method allows me to do some farming while letting me feel more productive than I otherwise would, so I love it.  Plus it's not anywhere near as boring since I'm barely spending any time doing the farming. Anyone know of any similar spots for mining or other herbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment