Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Current Glyph Market

Heh.  Someone on my server beat me to my glyph wall idea.  Only they're doing it badly.  They stuck one glyph up of everyone they have for about 30g.  Thus, I shall now buy them out and save time on crafting! =D

Alrighty, if they were 30g or below (mat cost) and had less than 5 listed at or below that price, I bought them all out.  Now I'll repost them and avoid having to make these particular glyphs for a while now.

--

After looking at this person's posting more closely, I'm pretty sure they're not doing a wall.  The most of any one glyph they ever posted was two, and their price was anywhere from 25-40g in increments of 5.  I think it might just be someone who has no idea what their doing. >_>  So I reset the glyphs that it was viable to do so with and left the others for now.  He seems like he might farm his own herbs, or he just doesn't play much, since he still hasn't come back and posted more yet.

If he wasn't posting at different, random numbers I'd think that this seller was trying to force others to take a loss by selling so cheap.  But that's just not the impression I get with this person.  But I can;t understand WHY they're posting at 20-100g undercuts on everything.

Maybe they felt glyphs shouldn't cost so much and that scribes are ripping people off?  I don't know. >_<

--

Hmm.  Looks like at least one other person has started posting randomly at very low prices.  This leaves me the option of either buying them out on the good glyphs, or giving up on selling there for now until they get bored.  For now I'll watch and see what they'll do...if they continue as they are now, they'll probably run themselves out of money.  If they're still here in a little while I'll go back to preparing a glyph wall.

If it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure I can beat out most people on my server if it comes to a  game of "who can afford to take losses the longest" in order to push the other person out of the market.  I have (fairly) deep pockets and multiple other markets to live off of while I wait for glyphs to come back if I do this. >=)

If I do it though, I want to make sure I do it well.  Thus I'm going to wait until I've learned all the major glyphs.  I've got all the minor ones already, but I still need to do a few researches to get the major ones.

--

Even with the majority of my good glyphs now going for 30g and under, I still managed to pull in about 5k with them, so not too bad.  =)

If you have any guesses as to what these people are attempting to do, and/or suggestions on how I should deal with them feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment