Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flipping Adventure!

I've done something risky.  I managed to snag a Vial of the Sands for only 36k from someone desperate to move his fast yesterday.  He'd been trying to sell it for 42k and I talked him down to 36 after about an hour of him failing to sell it in trade.  I'm pretty excited about this, since it goes for at least 50k on the AH on my realm.  There's only one other seller right now, so I'm resetting the price up to 70k right now and am hoping I'll be able to sell it for at LEAST 55k.  This is by far the biggest thing I've ever tried to flip, but the profit should be really nice when I get it to sell.

I've also got a Hyacinth Macaw I snagged a few weeks ago for 4k, I've been trying to sell it for 10k but haven't had any luck.  If it's still not gone in a few more weeks I may lower my price, but I'm not sure if it's not selling because the price is too high or because no pet collectors have been buying right now.

Fortunately I'm back up to 40k liquid even with these tying up so much of my gold.  I'd dropped below 30k for the first time in a long while after buying the Vial and had been rather worried about not being able to continue buying up herbs for glyphs, but that's definitely not going to be an issue.  And my the camper I've been dealing with seems to have taken a day off, so that helped a huge amount in recovering from the purchase as well. =)  Though I'm still stocking up inks in case they come back so I can shake the market up a bit.  I found someone who'd just finished leveling herbing who sent me 300+ old world herbs for about 60 silver each, which was a helluva deal.  Most herbs go for a gold each, some a little less, so having so many CoD'd like that in bulk was nice.

Anyway, these two things are by far more expensive than anything else I've ever worked with, as until now I'd been going on a more slow and steady approach.  The chance to jump my gold by a lot is here, but I'm not sure how long it usually takes to move this kinda stuff.  What's your experience with expensive items like this?

2 comments:

  1. You should be careful about the Hyacinth Macaw. Its a zone-wide drop now and I think its more common. I am seeing it being sold at 6-8k gold now (used to be 15k+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about the change, but I'd hoped it would still sell for near the old price I suppose. I guess I'll lower the price on it sooner rather than later then. I should be able to make a profit since I got it so cheap.

    Also, thank you for stopping by! Nice to know someone else might be reading what I'm writing. =)

    ReplyDelete