Monday, January 24, 2011

Zephyrite Daily = Victory!

Just a quick update tonight since I spend the evening watching Wall-E with my partner.  Sold a TON of Zephyrite today as it was the daily for it, so I emptied about half my stock for 25-20g throughout the day.  I'm rather relieved that so many sold as I've been running out of bank room with them and have cut and vendored a stack or two just to free up some space (I had over 500 of just this gem, as opposed to my stock of 100-200 on the others).  I'm now down to a comfortable level with them, having sold 80+ singles and 2 full stacks today.

Not all 278 of these sales were from today, but a TON of them were.  Always nice to move so much in one day.
By the way, does anyone know if Mysales just uses an average of sale price to get this data?  Cause I don't think I've ever sold a single Nightstone for 75, usually they're around 30-35...but I also sell them in  full stacks which might be screwing with what it reports.  If it DOES just average it all together, is there a way to make it split that data?  might be useful in seeing how much of each stack size sell...

I also had someone go on a buy spree with my Inferno Inks, which makes me a very happy scribe!  I sold about 15 singles and a stack which was a relief.  These haven't really been moving at all and I was starting to get rather worried, but it seems I had just hit a lull in their sales for the past week.  Glyph sales are also up though I can't figure out why.  My market is confusing the heck out of me lately.  First the constant camper (who then vanished and hasn't returned) and then the random undercutters...  I have no idea where they went but I'm back to pulling in at least 3k from glyphs, even with the price of them dropped to an average of 50g each or so.  I lowered my fallback as well, from 270 to 120.  While I was occasionally making 270g sales, the 120 are still a big profit and people seem much less reluctant to buy them.

I just had a thought to the random people jumping into and out of the glyph market lately...maybe they're people who read that glyphs make a lot of money fast, tried it out and then realized that it doesn't?  Or did it wrong and didn't wanna keep at it?  Or perhaps they started playing around in the market and stopped when they realized that it requires a fair amount of upkeep?  I have no idea.  What I do know is that if someone's going to rock the boat in my market, I wanna be the one doing it.  That said, I have a feeling that the market is settling a bit and I may have found a sweet spot of sales.  By keeping the average price 30-60 and no higher than 120 buyers are still willing to buy and new scribes won't be as tempted by uber profits.  That's the hope anyway.  I was probably asking for it by keeping the price of glyphs so high for so long even after herbs dropped.

I'm glad I had stocked up ink and herbs, as prices have been way up the past few days (I'm talking going from 55g/stack to 100g/stack) so I'm eating into my stock a bit but I still have 600 or so ink left, which I'm hoping will sustain me until they drop back down.  Oddly, ore prices have also gone up again, I'm wondering if the farmers either all went on vacation or...what.  I dunno.  I went to buy leather to work on my LW and found the same issue, Savage Leather is 10g each when they've been hovering around 5.

Expect a weekly update tomorrow on my profits for the week and whatnot. =)  But for now...go watch a Pixar movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment